In 2014, I turned Taist from a pet project to a startup:
- February: I quit my previous job to focus on Taist
- May-June: I take part in Helsinki Ventures Customer Developer Bootcamp program that gives me a new understanding of how Taist can turn into a scalable business.
- August: Helsinki Ventures invests in Taist. Vladimir, my future cofounder, joins Taist as an employee first.We start rebuilding Taist platform. We serve a new customer using new version of Taist. (the first ones were served in a distant 2012).
- October: using Taist platform, we win a couple of prizes on SECR'2014 hackathon (Central & Eastern European Software Engineering Conference in Russia)
- December: Vladimir agrees to join me as a cofounder.
It was a tough year with tough personal decisions, lots of trial and error. Now we are a dedicated team of cofounders, investors and advisers, we have a great technology and see several ways to build a business upon it. And that is our goal for 2015.
A marketplace of addons for cloud applications